Our Mission Now
- Improve the lives of poor farming families through access to adequate and safe drinking water and basic sanitation
- Improve the health of poor women and their children through knowledge of nutrition, hygiene, sanitation and basic health practices.
- Increase the adequacy of food and income for farm families by teaching them better agricultural methods and helping them gain access to quality vegetables and tree seeds and seedlings.
- Develop sustainable economic activities with a focus on organic agriculture and conservation, as well as the use of renewable energy sources.
Empower people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups to overcome their disabilities as far as they individually can, and to teach them saleable skills.
Our Targets to Achieve the Above Goals:
- There are no maternal deaths in childbirth and the number of children who die under five years old has decreased significantly.
- Children are healthy and well-nourished; their mothers understand and can provide adequate and nutritious food.
- Children are no longer sick with preventable illnesses caused by dirt and contaminated water.
- The incidence of malaria, dengue fever, typhoid and upper respiratory illness is significantly reduced.
- Family income is increased through sustainable economic efforts, with a focus on green economy, home industry skills and tourism.
- All residents are literate and children receive higher education (high school and college)
- The natural environment (land, water sources, forests etc.) are restored through conservation efforts, organic farming and sustainable economic activities.
- Children and adults with disabilities are assisted through medical treatment, counseling, physical aids such as crutches, wheelchairs, to be as self-supporting physically and economically as is feasible for them.
- Harassment and violence against women and children and the ‘sale’ of young girls into marriage is drastically reduced.
- Vulnerable / marginal groups including women, children and disabled, participate in social activities, especially in decision making and development activities in their desa.